Homemade Ice-Cream: 3 ingredients, no maker required

It might be cold outside, but it's never too cold for ice-cream.

As I finish my last week of work (after December 4th, I'm on Christmas holidays - I know, you hate me) I'm turning an eye to the coming weeks of baking and Christmas prep ahead of me. I can't wait to be back in the kitchen, elbows deep in flour, surrounded by sweet and savoury treats and packaging up some foodie gifts to give out. 

I'm also really looking forward to making some Pecan and Honey Ice-Cream with Caramel Swirl using only a handful of ingredients, thanks to Carnation. 



I feel like this is the kind of food that would've been perfect to eat while binging on Gilmore Girls last weekend. But after damaging my foot, the kitchen has not been a friendly place for me lately so I'll have to wait a few more days until I'm fully recovered. I have however made this ice-cream previously (a chocolate version and a lavender version) so I know from first-hand experience how moreish, creamy and delicious it is. 

I've listed the basic ice-cream recipe below and it's unbelievably easy. I love that the simplicity means you can play around with flavours really easily. How about a Cinnamon & Apple Crumble one? Double Chocolate? Banoffee? The possibilities are endless...

NOTE: I was not paid/given any incentive from Carnation to do this post or tag their products. I'm simply doing so because they are my favourite ones to use. 


BASIC ICE-CREAM RECIPE 

1 tin of Carnation Condensed Milk
1 tin of Carnation Evaporated Milk 
50ml Irish double cream 

- Beat the evaporated milk until light and fluffy. 
- Beat the condensed milk (separately) until fluffy and pale/white in colour.
- Fold the whipped evaporated milk into the condensed milk and add in double cream. 
- Stir to combine, transfer to a container and freeze overnight. 

Comments

Popular Posts