Quick Bake - Oreo & Crunchie Blondies

Oh arr, the month of All Hallows is here with a bang. 

Like many of you, I woke up this morning to the heavens beating against the bedroom window and my cosy duvet softly cajoling me into staying five minutes longer. But got up I did and we even went for a run - drenched to the core by the end of it, but the endorphin's were buzzing. 

So after a shower and a lesiurely day ahead of me, I decided to whip up something decadent ahead of a Grown Up Girls' Sleepover later. This blondie-based batter topped with broken Oreos and Crunchies was just the thing. 


Now, the blondie base that I used to make these called for only one cup of flour. Personally, when I make them again, I'll be increasing that to two cups; the blondies, while still delicious, were so gooey they were hard to get out of the tin. 



Rather than put in a cup of sort dark brown sugar (because I was out), I instead put in 1/2 cup of dark brown sugar and increased the amount of caster sugar by 1/2 cup. It gave the cakes a wonderfully caramel, gooey taste. 




I plan on pairing them with some Hot Chocolate and Halloween movies later in my Harry Potter pyjamas. Oh, and with some gin. Grown Up Girl's Sleepovers are the best. 


OREO AND CRUNCHIE BLONDIES

Pre-heat oven to 150

1 stick of butter, melted
1 egg
1 + 1/2 cup of caster sugar
1/2 cup of dark brown sugar
1 tablespoon of vanilla
1 cup of flour
1/2 packet of Oreos + more for topping
3 Crunchie bars

- In a bowl, mix melted butter and sugar until combined.
- Add egg and mix.
- Add vanilla and flour and mix again.
- Add Oreos and Crunchies. Pour blondies into a greaseproof paper-lined baking dish.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes. Remove from oven and leave in tin to cool.
- Top with crushed Oreos and Crunchie.


Comments

Popular Posts