Best Pizza On The Southside?

Despite all your best efforts, carefully selected food and fully stocked fridge and freezer, these is a longing for some instant indulgence that is just too hard to ignore. 

Because pizza knows. Pizza understands and it doesn't judge; it just gives. 

Okay sorry - the side effects of this flu vaccine seemed to have spread to my head. Let me get back on point.

When such cravings come, and they always do, if you're lucky enough to leave on the Southside (as a former Northsider, this is a land of undiscovered terrain for me), make sure you get some Gary's Gourmet Pizza

Situated in Dalkey (a fantastic little foodie town anyway), Gary's is now my go-to guy for pizza. Should I ever have a child (or maybe another pet - they're kinda the same, right?) I shall seriously consider naming them after him. Even though I've never met Gary. But I've had his pizza so that clearly means we're intimately connected. 

Gary's Gourmet Pizza does exactly what is says on the tin - high quality pizza with artisan ingredients, with a changing monthly special to keep things fresh. They also do gluten-free pizza, so coeliacs delight! Your saviour is here and he's got cheesy pizza!


The sides are fantastic too; I hoover up the sweet potato fries faster than is strictly acceptable for a non-electrical appliance and the salads are crisp and balanced. 

I also adore the fact that the pizzas are named after local spots; we ordered the Quarry last week and were still happily munching on it the next day (Sidebar: I like my leftover pizza hot, himself eats it cold - who is right? DISCUSS). 

                                                                 Quarry Pizza from Gary's

So what are you waiting for? Get yourself a little Thursday Treat later and let the good times roll. 

Comments

Popular Posts