Best Bahn Mi in Dublin: Street Eats

Don't you love when you discover something damn delicious, hidden in plain sight?

I had the pleasure of making such a discovery lately, just off College Green in Dublin. At an innocuous newsagents right next to O'Briens, there is some serious authentic and amazing  cooking going on. Specifically, Bahn Mi-esque parcels.



Referred to on their menu as "chinese burgers", at three euro a pop this babies are a bargain. You can have a choice of pork belly, beef or chicken for your filling, along with spring onion and spices (if you choose). 

Cooked fresh in front of you, I opted for the pork and beef ones and the only regret I had was that I did not buy more. Even though they were a bit cool by the time I got out to Dun Laoghire, I moaned with pleasure after the first bite. 

I'm almost hesitant to tell people about this place for fear the secret will get out and I'll have to wait for longer. But I'm a generous soul, so fill your boots. 


Comments

Popular Posts