Gourmet Lunch For Under 5 Euro - Cheap Eats

Good food doesn't have to cost a fortune.

It's a simple truth I live by. While it is nice to splurge on more expensive cuts of meat or exceptional ingredients, daily eating doesn't need to be expensive.

Lately, Aldi has really upped their offerings for lunch time and I've been really impressed. I wrote a while a go about their new salad to-go range that would give Chopped a run for their money. 

I love Chopped salads, but I definitely cannot afford to be buying one everyday. Aldi's range, however, is perfectly reasonable to buy daily. 

However, if you're like me and you like to prepare your lunch the night before, they also have some other fantastic options for bagged lunch. Enter Beetroot Falafel and Basil Hummus. 


I picked this up in the weekly shop last week because I'm trying to make more of my meals vegetarian (aiming to have three veggie days a week). Just because it would be good for my body and good for the environment and it is a completely manageable thing for even a carnivore like me to do.

I had it for lunch yesterday and was so pleased with it, I've made it again for lunch today!

The beetroot falafel was spiced and flavoured really well and was very filling. The basil hummus was just moreish and I'm now finding myself eating it straight out of the tub in my fridge because it's just too tasty. 

I paired both of these with a generous helping of spinach leaves (gotta get them dark, leafy greens), sliced radishes and two grated carrots. I felt like I could've taken on Popeye myself after eating this yesterday. You know that happy, energised feeling you get when you've eaten something that's tasty AND good for you? This lunch has it in spades.

The whole lot cost under five euro and I got two days worth of lunch out of it; so 2.50 a day. 

Do yourself and your pocket a favour and pop some into your next weekly shop. You won't regret it. 

Comments

Popular Posts